Author Archives: Carole (code name 烤肉)

About Carole (code name 烤肉)

I work in tech since 2008, moved from Reunion island to Paris, Beijing, San Francisco and ended up in Berlin in 2014.

Are you more a Mark or more a Steve ?

I think regardless which questions you are talking about, in which aspect your are looking at it,you can always divide the world into 2. And when it comes to people who want to live their passion, I can see of them: the Mark (Zuckerberg) and the S… Continue reading

Posted in Being an entrepreneur, Tech | Tagged | 6 Comments

Chinese learning online tools and ressource – for free

Quizlet – My Flashcard setsnciku – My vocab listsLivemocha – My profil I also use ChinesePod audio podcast a lot but never been a paid user.Language leaning should be this way build around a community of peer who help each other. After all when yo… Continue reading

Posted in Learning language, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Music for Good mood

Story of a guy being in a relationship for years and young father and complaining about not having the single life anymore 🙂 Continue reading

Posted in Video | Tagged | Leave a comment

Feeling awkward at events

I have a looooot of experience at feeling awkward at events. I thought I will share that with you because I think 90% of actually feel the same (the other 10% are drunk or completely in love with themselves). 1 – Until a few hours before the event… Continue reading

Posted in Being an event organizer, Personal Experience, Uncategorized | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

What qualified as moral harassment? Aka. How to kill innovation in China.

Here is the story I need some external judgement here. In Dec. I submitted a project to deliver in May to my boss, he thought it was interesting and said I can start working on it. I designed a plan and start collected information about it to educ… Continue reading

Posted in Being a woman, Being an expat, Personal Experience, Values | 1 Comment

HOG: a tale about Friendship in a big city.

Once upon a time in a strange and bewitching city full of 20+ millions habitants there was a girl looking for a friend. One day at a party, she met H., they dated for a few weeks, travelled together and had a lot of fun. After they stopped dating … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | 4 Comments

My rules of Friendship

Friends can rely on each other. If you feel upset, lonely depressed, you call them. Friends are here for you, unless they have something important. They define themselves what is important or not. But if so they come back to you as soon as they ar… Continue reading

Posted in Personal Experience, Values | Leave a comment

Lifebite – Being an event organizer

I have 2 passions I would work for free for: learning language and organizing events. And these 2 things have always been closely related in my life.I started learning Japanese as a hobby in 2004. This lead me to travel to Japan twice and have a w… Continue reading

Posted in Being an event organizer, Personal Experience | Leave a comment

How to estimate the value of an existing product? How to pay when no money?

Being currently considering to start my own product and having no knowledge on how to do that concretely, I ask advices from my mentor Leo and my friend Mike. Both gave me super valuable advices that I think I would share for your own learning :-)… Continue reading

Posted in Being an entrepreneur, Tech | Leave a comment

TV set of the Chinese Show 给你一个亿 with @frankyu

Result: Frank was the only one to get an letter of intent for investment in kwestr. Way to go!Interesting Angel investors:Elvis Su – only 26 years old, the youngest Angel in China. He mainly invest in Lifestyle, project such as Apothecary bar in B… Continue reading

Posted in Being an entrepreneur, Being an expat, China, Events, Personal Experience, Tech, Video | Leave a comment